The Pomerantz Career Center website at the University of Iowa provides excellent resources to help you with writing your resumé and cover letter.
- Before You Start on Your Resume: This handout offers advice on how to format your resumé and what information should be included in your resumé’s bullet points.
- Power Verbs for your Resumé: This handout offers hundreds of verbs to highlight your skills and experience.
- Sample Resumés: Look through several formats of resumés to find the best format for your needs.
- WLHS Sample Student Resume: Just last week, a student came in to the library and created this resumé.
Cover Letter Resources:
- Tips for Writing Good Cover Letters: 12 Tips for the format, content, and quality of your cover letter.
- Cover Letter Format: Use this as a guide as you begin your letter.
- Letter of Application: Here is a sample cover letter.
- Email Etiquette: Provides an example of what NOT to do, email etiquette tips, and what email correspondence should look like.