- Haynes, Judy “Explaining BICS and CALP”. http://www.everythingesl.net/inservices/bics_calp.php. June 2007.
- Illinois Resource Center “The Needs of English Language Learners”. http://www.thecenterlibrary.org/cwis/cwisdocs/intro-ells.pdf. June 2007.
- “Illustration of Dr. Jim Cummins’ Grid (4 Quadrants)”. http://www.azusausd.k12.ca.us/bilingual/pdf%5CCummins2.pdf. June 2007.
- Kipp, P. (2002). History of education: Selected moments of the 20th century. Retrieved April 17, 2005, from the University of Toronto, Department of Adult Education, Community Development and Counseling Psychology: http://fcis.oise.utoronto.ca/_daniel_schugrensky/Assignment/1968kipp.html
- Krashen and Terrel (1996) “Stages of Language”. http://www.cyberhigh.fcoe.k12.ca.us/PASS_Program/methodology/Stages%20of%20Language%20Acquisition.htm. June 2007.
- Teaching Diverse Learners. Linking Language policy to practice for English language learners. Retrieved May 23, 2005, from http://www.alliance.brown.edu/tdl/.
- Thomas, Wayne P. and Collier, Virginia “School Effectiveness for Language Minority Students”. http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/pubs/resource/effectiveness/thomas-collier97.pdf. June 2007.
- United States Department of Justice. (2000). Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency. Retrieved July 11, 2007 from http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/Legal/manuals/Bilingual%20Guide/ExecutiveOrder.pdf