National Honor Society (NHS)
Adviser: Deb Weiss
The National Honor Society (N.H.S.) is our nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. It is not just an honor roll, N.H.S. serves to honor students who demonstrate excellence in the following areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginnings in 1921.
The following Criteria will be used to select eligible, self-nominated students to the National Honor Society
- 3.5 or higher cumulative grade point average
- Students in grades 10-12 are eligible for membership
- Be in good character standing with the school (no suspensions, detention hall detentions, or good conduct violations, and have regular attendance)
- Limit of 8 absences in 18 week period
- School Sponsored Activity
- Have served in various leadership roles
- Demonstrated ample service
Members and new inductees must be able to demonstrate high standards of scholarship, leadership, character and service.
Candidates must submit an application of self-nomination.